Chemical Tempering Furnace
Lumina M is a high volume multiple chambers chemical tempering furnace used for mass production of thin glass products requiring zero optical distortion via the process of iron exchange. By immersing the glass into a Potassium Nitrate chemical bath, the sodium irons close to the glass surface are replaced by larger potassium ion atoms. As a result of this chemical exchange the glass has a stronger surface layer. Products using chemically tempered glasses include mobile phones, digital cameras, copy machines & aircraft windscreens.
- Preheating glass tanks.
- Reaction time of between 3 – 8 hours (dependent upon stress level required).
- 9 point temperature measurement ±5°C (41°F)
- Heating time: 90~120 minutes.
- Cooling time 90~120 minutes.
Max glass size (Metric): 08×20 / 12×12 / 15×20 / 18×20 / 18×30 / 20×25 / 20×30
Max glass size (Imperial): 31×78 / 47×47 / 60×78 / 70×78 / 70×120 / 78×98 / 78×120
Post tempering washer tank available upon request.
Lumina S is a low production volume chemical tempering furnace suitable for specialty products or product R&D.
- Heating: Room temperature~400℃/450℃ in 90min
- Cooling: 450℃/400℃~100℃ in 90min
- 9 points temperature measurements: +-5℃
- Max temperature: 450℃/500℃
- 9 points temperature measurements: +-2℃
- Post tempering washer tank available.
Max glass size (Metric): 05×05 / 07×07 / 08×10
Max glass size (Imperial): 20×20 / 27×27 / 31×40