Lumina M is a high volume multi chamber chemical tempering oven used for mass production of thin glass products requiring zero optical distortion. Chemical tempering ovens use the process of iron exchange. By immersing the glass into a Potassium Nitrate chemical bath the sodium irons close to the glass surface are replaced by larger potassium ion atoms. As a result of this chemical exchange the glass has a stronger surface layer. Products using chemically tempered glasses include mobile phones, digital cameras, copy machines & aircraft windscreens.
- Pre heating glass tanks.
- Automatic process loading and unloading.
- Reaction time of between 3 – 8 hours (dependent upon stress level required).
- 9 point temperature measurement ±5°C (41°F)
- Heating time: 90~120 minutes.
- Cooling time 90~120 minutes.
- Conforming To EN12337-1:200, ASTM-C1422-99 & JC/T977-2005 standards.
Max glass size metric: 08x20 / 12x12 / 15x20 / 18x20 / 18x30 / 20x25 / 20x30
Max glass sizes Imperial: 31x78 / 47x47 / 60x78 / 70x78 / 70x120 / 78x98 / 78x120
Post tempering washer tank available upon request.
Lumina S™ is a low production volume chemical tempering furnace suitable for specialty products or product R&D.
- Heating: Room temperature~400℃/450℃ in 90min
- Cooling: 450℃/400℃~100℃ in 90min
- 9 points temperature measurements: +-5℃
- Reaction tank:
- Max temperature: 450℃/500℃
- 9 points temperature measurements: +-2℃
- Post tempering washer tank available.
Max glass size metric: 05x05 / 07x07 / 08x10
Max glass sizes Imperial: 20x20 / 27x27 / 31x40